Remove this ad

fion

regular

Lead

Mar 28 10 7:35 PM

Tags : :

Completed this project some 5-6 days ago. the older wormmon was actually the 2nd sculpted avatar ive ever made, it was over due for an update. anyways, do your worst! crit like you've never crit before.

One Time, at Rabbit Camp, I Stuck a Carrot up my Gas Pipe.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#4 [url]

Mar 29 10 7:41 PM

Those antennae probably could have been one prim each instead of two. They look a little funny with the one seam in the middle..

Though it's simplified, you've kept that insectoid vacant expression. It looks good like that, actually.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Mar 30 10 10:09 AM

I agree with Opius, the antennae would possibly look a lot smoother and nicer if they were one prim. I think if the fingers ended in a little more of a point, like the barbs on the tail, it might help too. The fingers look a bit sausage-y tbh.
I think it looks pretty cute otherwise, though it might just be me, I think it's cluttered with the extra arms. I know it's part of Wormmon's character, though, so I dunno what could be done about it really.

--Empa--

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#6 [url]

Apr 8 10 8:47 AM

Gotta be Critique if your gonna reply here, sorry. :c

-fion

Questions sometimes lead to critique. For example, they asked about a feature they seem to think should be there. Is it? Also, saying nothing hostile about the avatar is also a kind of critique... because sometimes saying, "I see nothing wrong." IS your critique. Take it as you get it, hun.

That said, I also see nothing wrong at first glance at these images. The selling point for me will be features that come along with it, such as twitching antennae, string shot ability, talking muzzle (which would be awesome on this). I don't remember if Wormmon had one or two toes per foot (and I know there was no anthro form), but maybe adding a second toe to the feet, since it IS an anthro form, wouldn't hurt.

Always remember you're altering things when you do stuff like this. Wormmon in the cartoon is a 6 or 8 legged creature, so single toes make sense, but when the shape changes, you can at least imagine other factors shifting a little.

Also, a question. Are you gearing up for some huge avatar release, making them just for yourself, or what? You've posted lots of avatars I've never even seen before here.

The Heart's Courage is the Soul's Guardian.

Quote    Reply   

fion

regular

#7 [url]

Apr 8 10 5:57 PM

Questions sometimes lead to critique. For example, they asked about a feature they seem to think should be there. Is it? Also, saying nothing hostile about the avatar is also a kind of critique... because sometimes saying, "I see nothing wrong." IS your critique. Take it as you get it, hun.
That said, I also see nothing wrong at first glance at these images. The selling point for me will be features that come along with it, such as twitching antennae, string shot ability, talking muzzle (which would be awesome on this). I don't remember if Wormmon had one or two toes per foot (and I know there was no anthro form), but maybe adding a second toe to the feet, since it IS an anthro form, wouldn't hurt.
Always remember you're altering things when you do stuff like this. Wormmon in the cartoon is a 6 or 8 legged creature, so single toes make sense, but when the shape changes, you can at least imagine other factors shifting a little.
Also, a question. Are you gearing up for some huge avatar release, making them just for yourself, or what? You've posted lots of avatars I've never even seen before here.

-darena_bryant

I think you may be a bit uninformed about the way i approached this avatar, i encourage you to go here https://uncensored.xstreetsl.com/modules.php?name=Marketplace&file=images&ItemID=823542  and compare my old one to the new model thats most likely not going to be sold by the way.

but to give you a short answer since you seem to assume that i'm unaware of certain fact of this character based on how i changed something around drastically, (for example the legs and arms/hands) I have this wormmon figure/toy i used to refrence Both avatars, wormmon actually has 10 legs (5 sets  of 2)so i more or less have that understanding of what im venturing into.

dont take this response as me being upset because im most certainly not, i really appreciate your feedback, i simply think you may be incorrectly assuming i wasent aware of what i was working with when i took this project on.

Also you don't need to justify how you're gonna critique here, if its real critique we will catch and learn from your opnions.  We are all Gentelmen here |3.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Jul 13 10 11:48 PM

For a rarely done Digimon (if ever) I think this av was done very well. Even if things weren't one prim, it doesn't matter, because insects aren't smooth between digits and such.
The antenna I think are perfectly fine, even if the actual mon's were more like flat hair things than antenna.
I really think it just makes it much more bug-like.

Love this av <3

Quote    Reply   

fion

regular

#9 [url]

Jul 14 10 8:45 AM

For a rarely done Digimon (if ever) I think this av was done very well. Even if things weren't one prim, it doesn't matter, because insects aren't smooth between digits and such.
The antenna I think are perfectly fine, even if the actual mon's were more like flat hair things than antenna.
I really think it just makes it much more bug-like.
Love this av <3

-cautioncat

Your right it really doesent matter. mostly because alot of it is done under atistic freedom.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help