Remove this ad

Lead

May 6 10 5:47 PM

Tags : :

Alright. I'm still a bit new to making clothing on SL, and this was really my second attempt. I learned a few things that I've been using for my newer stuff. I also learned to check out black clothes on my laptop AND my pc before uploading my clothes, because the shading is hard for me to see on my pc, but super easy to see on my laptop. I could have done more with that, but oh well. Here are my Eeveelution and Shiny Eeveelution shirts.  I know I need work on making posters too :P
Feel free to crit me though, even though these are on sale on my Xstreet account, I'll keep them in mind for future clothes.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jul 14 10 11:00 AM

Aaaaaah their faces are ADORABLE! they're like mooshy marshmallow eevee piles. In the cutest way imaginable.

The white outline around them, is that intentional? I can't really tell by my pc's current resolution- I'll check the pic again later of course. Simultaneously, from my screen it looks full-black, which can be kinda MEH looking with SL's native shaders. Probably this is on my end. Either way, fucking adorable X3

As for posters... I'd suggest taking up some sculpting. A fun effect to make posters (and paper products) is to start with a plane-sculpt(literally a two dimensional square, can't see it from certain angles), and crinkle it in certain areas. Really gives the illusion that "this is not a prim on secondlife".

Then again, the same can be done with good texture work...

Quote    Reply   

fion

regular

#2 [url]

Jul 14 10 12:32 PM

I'd suggest taking up some sculpting. A fun effect to make posters (and paper products) is to start with a plane-sculpt(literally a two dimensional square, can't see it from certain angles), and crinkle it in certain areas. Really gives the illusion that "this is not a prim on secondlife".
Then again, the same can be done with good texture work...

-opius

That to me sounds like way too much uneeded work for a peice of paper, completely unessicary and wouldn't be noticed by the majority of those who are not builders.

One Time, at Rabbit Camp, I Stuck a Carrot up my Gas Pipe.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Jul 14 10 1:18 PM

Yeah, the white lines are there and intentional. It helped make them stand out a little most [well, mostly Umbreon since it's all black.] The shirts ended up being really dark, but that's really my fault. They looked fine on my laptop but I didn't take in to account that my screen is REALLY REALLY light, so later I checked it on my PC and ew it's barely noticeable in terms of highlights/etc. I've gotten into the habit of checking in on my pc and laptop before uploading though. It's possibly more noticeable in my newer shirts, these were kind of the first ones though, so while it's a shitty excuse, it's pretty much why they're bad.

As for the prim stuff, I'm no good at building/i dunno how really.. but I could possibly try out texturing posters to make them less flat/boring.

--Empa--

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help