Remove this ad

Lead

Jun 14 10 11:23 PM

Tags : :

Science is an interesting thing. But turning one thing into another is something I'm clearly astonished.

As posted in a journal I made not too long ago...

http://www.wimp.com/replacebone/

Anyone else find anything interesting that science has done, that is actually helpful?
This means that people won't have to wait for donations of bone. The time it takes to make the stuff is pretty quick- I think quicker than skin grafts.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

fion

regular

#1 [url]

Jun 20 10 7:17 AM

i think it can be a revoloutionary soloution to things like arthritis and other bone related illnesses.

One Time, at Rabbit Camp, I Stuck a Carrot up my Gas Pipe.

Quote    Reply   

fion

regular

#3 [url]

Jun 20 10 6:56 PM

Yes. Bone cancer was the first thing that came to mind for me. It's hard to find donors, and this only takes ten days to make. TEN DAYS?! holy crap.

-cautioncat

now we can all prove futurama wrong about bonitis.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Jun 22 10 1:05 PM

Fuck yeah, time to go break my limbs now that bones are gonna be expendable!

But in all seriousness, this is -rad-. There's a lot that goes wrong with bones- I mean, fuck... Who doesn't have an aunt who'se got a plastic hip or two?

Quote    Reply   

fion

regular

#5 [url]

Jun 23 10 3:58 AM

Admin: Moved topic to the correct board.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#7 [url]

Oct 22 10 9:40 PM

Yeah, from what I understand, this wooden-made bone-like substance forms a sort of framework and eventually gets digested and replaced by real bone..

In that respect... it's kinda like reverse fossilizing.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Oct 23 10 5:31 PM

Oh Wow once that gets full recognized that's gonna be a big step in health tech if that truly starts to work good, Pretty cool go break a bone and get a replacement in ten days wewt! xD

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Jan 5 12 2:54 PM

Ok, that is WILD. I know it'll take at least 3 years before this can enter the practical field, but It's a huge step from the use of pins that's still practiced today. I wonder if this might lead to some much needed improvements to the field of dentistry and dental replacements?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help